5th & 6th day..
5th day of work, i've learnt about more of the concierge hierarchy. My chief concierge taught me more about who does what and what is what at the concierge.
Basically, the breakdown is as follows:
Pageboy/Mailboy - Delivers msgs & pages for ppl
Doorman - Opens doors of cars and hotel, helps carry bags too
Porter - carries bags to bell counter
Bellman - sends bags up to guest rooms
Bell captain - supervises bellman and takes orders from concierge
Concierge - information and services
Assistant concierge - above all besides chief concierge
Chief Concierge - points fingers and things get done.[but a good chief concierge leads by example too]
And I've realised that, we at Gallery Hotel are multi-tasking. We are one and all. One full-time staff per shift, performing ALL these duties mentioned above. wah. tough man.
6th day.. was a very Indian day! We had lots of Indian customers. 4 families of Indians together in a group. and then another group after that. I refuse to believe that Indians are rude and arrogant, its stereotyping. but these group of them were quite arrogant. Anyway, they pissed off the concierge ppl with their requests and instructions, and then pissed off the front desk for some reason, and pissed off the concierge again for change of plans. haha what a day.
btw, I learnt how to stack 25bags into 1 luggage trolley. my god. they had 25 big and small bags for 4 families. I did checking in for them at concierge, which involves bringing their bags up to the guest room. I almost died. I took 5 heavy bags up for my trip, lugged them into the room and left. After that they called and asked to transfer room. I had to go up again, take out the 5 heavy bags, and transfer them to the other room. wah piang. after that, when i reached downstairs, they called to request for newspaper, and we had to send up once more. zzz. but its an experience nevertheless. =)
good to learn!
Basically, the breakdown is as follows:
Pageboy/Mailboy - Delivers msgs & pages for ppl
Doorman - Opens doors of cars and hotel, helps carry bags too
Porter - carries bags to bell counter
Bellman - sends bags up to guest rooms
Bell captain - supervises bellman and takes orders from concierge
Concierge - information and services
Assistant concierge - above all besides chief concierge
Chief Concierge - points fingers and things get done.[but a good chief concierge leads by example too]
And I've realised that, we at Gallery Hotel are multi-tasking. We are one and all. One full-time staff per shift, performing ALL these duties mentioned above. wah. tough man.
6th day.. was a very Indian day! We had lots of Indian customers. 4 families of Indians together in a group. and then another group after that. I refuse to believe that Indians are rude and arrogant, its stereotyping. but these group of them were quite arrogant. Anyway, they pissed off the concierge ppl with their requests and instructions, and then pissed off the front desk for some reason, and pissed off the concierge again for change of plans. haha what a day.
btw, I learnt how to stack 25bags into 1 luggage trolley. my god. they had 25 big and small bags for 4 families. I did checking in for them at concierge, which involves bringing their bags up to the guest room. I almost died. I took 5 heavy bags up for my trip, lugged them into the room and left. After that they called and asked to transfer room. I had to go up again, take out the 5 heavy bags, and transfer them to the other room. wah piang. after that, when i reached downstairs, they called to request for newspaper, and we had to send up once more. zzz. but its an experience nevertheless. =)
good to learn!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home