4th day at work..
Today is yet another day of training at the concierge. Meeting more types of ppl now.. haha.. there are rude ppl, ppl who dun even acknowledge u.. and stuff like tat..
sometimes ppl will walk by and just say call me a taxi, without even looking at u.. my colleague whispered jokingly, " You taxi." Get the joke? haha..
I dealt with some chinese guests from China today. MY GOD. Their accent and speed of talking was so fast, I was just trying to understand what they were saying. After that I have to try to give them answers in my poor Chinese. haha.. but it was a challenge yeah.
I'm one who is usually afraid to deal things with external parties, such as calling them up to enquire. but in this situation I had no choice, for they were asking for information, and I could not tell them so I had to call up the company to enquire. It's a good experience and chance to come out of my shell.. haha..
I'm actually impressed with myself for at least being able to help them with my poor chinese.. I was afraid they wld get impatient and stuff.. but they even thanked us and apologised for taking up so much of our time. I felt good to be of help to them.
I was lucky uncle Yak came to my rescue after his dinner break, haha.. He speaks chinese way better than I do, and he took over explaining to them.. haha.. an eventful 4th day of work. TMR I"M OFF!!! YAY!!
sometimes ppl will walk by and just say call me a taxi, without even looking at u.. my colleague whispered jokingly, " You taxi." Get the joke? haha..
I dealt with some chinese guests from China today. MY GOD. Their accent and speed of talking was so fast, I was just trying to understand what they were saying. After that I have to try to give them answers in my poor Chinese. haha.. but it was a challenge yeah.
I'm one who is usually afraid to deal things with external parties, such as calling them up to enquire. but in this situation I had no choice, for they were asking for information, and I could not tell them so I had to call up the company to enquire. It's a good experience and chance to come out of my shell.. haha..
I'm actually impressed with myself for at least being able to help them with my poor chinese.. I was afraid they wld get impatient and stuff.. but they even thanked us and apologised for taking up so much of our time. I felt good to be of help to them.
I was lucky uncle Yak came to my rescue after his dinner break, haha.. He speaks chinese way better than I do, and he took over explaining to them.. haha.. an eventful 4th day of work. TMR I"M OFF!!! YAY!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home