2nd day at work!
Today is my second day at work. I started the day badly, oh so familiar. But I ended the day very well! I feel that SIP@Gallery may just be my medicine and direction for finding myself! The experience these two days so far has influenced me and motivated me so much more then I can motivate myself. Fun I have had too, working in the concierge department.
I feel that I am more open now, more able to talk to strangers, in this case, guests. I have more confidence in talking to them, although I still tend to be abit shy. But I believe that will change with time and experience.
I feel good and enjoy working in Gallery Hotel because they have a very cool corporate culture in my opinion, and I want to share it with you. The staff at Gallery are very friendly, they smile at you even if they don't know you! The staff here knows almost everybody within the hotel too! They can strike a conversation with almost any other hotel staff they see. I admire that friendliness and homeliness here. And also, they don't mind going out of their way to help others, including me as a trainee! If they were to knock off at 5pm, they still wounldn't mind staying around to help out if they are free[some of them la]. Gallery is only a 4-star Hotel, but the staff put so much effort into providing good service, it is such a nice feel i get here. I myself get inspired by the actions and behavior of my colleagues. I really hope to learn as much as I can here at Gallery, for it is after all a different environment from other hotels.
One more thing I like about concierge department is the teamwork they portray, never failing to help each other out. Even tips received are pooled in a cash box, to be split at the end of the shift. I feel that this promotes teamwork and unity, along with a sense of togetherness. I feel good working in concierge.
cheers guys, now it's time for bed. working 11am-7pm tomorrow at concierge again. learning never stops here. =)
I feel that I am more open now, more able to talk to strangers, in this case, guests. I have more confidence in talking to them, although I still tend to be abit shy. But I believe that will change with time and experience.
I feel good and enjoy working in Gallery Hotel because they have a very cool corporate culture in my opinion, and I want to share it with you. The staff at Gallery are very friendly, they smile at you even if they don't know you! The staff here knows almost everybody within the hotel too! They can strike a conversation with almost any other hotel staff they see. I admire that friendliness and homeliness here. And also, they don't mind going out of their way to help others, including me as a trainee! If they were to knock off at 5pm, they still wounldn't mind staying around to help out if they are free[some of them la]. Gallery is only a 4-star Hotel, but the staff put so much effort into providing good service, it is such a nice feel i get here. I myself get inspired by the actions and behavior of my colleagues. I really hope to learn as much as I can here at Gallery, for it is after all a different environment from other hotels.
One more thing I like about concierge department is the teamwork they portray, never failing to help each other out. Even tips received are pooled in a cash box, to be split at the end of the shift. I feel that this promotes teamwork and unity, along with a sense of togetherness. I feel good working in concierge.
cheers guys, now it's time for bed. working 11am-7pm tomorrow at concierge again. learning never stops here. =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home